Accessibility At Cavan Leisure
“Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for everybody”.
Accessibility & Disability
At Cavan Leisure Complex we recently installed new IFI (Inclusive Fitness Initiative) equipment to our Fitness Suite.
Pulse was one of the first companies to introduce a wheel chair access range of strength equipment. The overall aim of Cavan Leisure Complex disability program is to increase the physically activity level of people who have disabilities and to enhance their overall health and well being.
Cavan Leisure Complex long term goals:
· To increase participation in physical activity whether it is for recreation or leisure.
· To provide people the opportunity to socialise.
· To provide people with information on whether it be for health or well being
· To help break down the barriers that prevents people with disabilities from participating in physical activity.
Physical Accessibile Area
· Designated disabled parking spaces.
· Disability access to the lift which travels to first and second floor.
· Braille signage wall mounted.
· Designated disabled toilet, shower and changing facilities.
· Pool hoist available.
· Shallow step entrance to pool complete with handrails.
· Fire Evacuation chairs.
Building & Site Accessibility
· Cavan Leisure Complex building and car parks are designed specifically to comply with and exceed the requirements outlined by the regulations embracing the concept of universal access.
· Designated car parking spaces for people with disability are located at the bottom of the ramp adjacent to the main entrance. The car park is monitored to ensure that only people with permits avail of these spaces.
· Bookings and fitness assessments may be booked prior to arrival programmes will be designed to meet each and everyone’s individual needs.
Cavan leisure Complex operates a policy of total inclusion and incorporates the principle of equal treatment into all aspects of service of delivery.